About Valley Residential Services
With more than 200 employees (the vast majority of which are full-time), VRS is the 23rd largest employer in Walla Walla County. Most of our employees work directly with clients, mainly in the Supported Living program. (View Brochure)
Valley Residential Services (VRS) provides person-centered education and support in a safe, comfortable home environment to adults with developmental disabilities, to veterans who need housing and rehabilitation opportunities, and case-specific education and support to parents and children working toward safe and stable family relationships.
- Health & Safety: Ensuring the health, safety and well-being of our clients is of the utmost importance to us. We help with areas such as medication supervision, nutrition and other areas relating to keeping our clients safe and healthy.
- Positive Recognition: each and every person has things about them that are positive and need to be recognized. Part of our mission is to help build the self-confidence and self-esteem of our clients by recognizing the positive things in their life and the positive achievements they have had.
- Personal Power & Choice: Every person should be able to expect the freedom to make personal decisions about their life and activities. We make sure our clients are able to exercise their personal power and choice in day to day activities.
- Community Integration: Being involved in community activities and events is vital to us all. Our clients are very much a valuable part of our community. We ensure that our clients are active in the community, in an effort to help them to one day independently integrate into all aspects of our community.
- Positive Relationships: Building lasting important relationships is one key to independence. We nurture and encourage strong family, friend, and community relationships for all of our clients.
- Competence & Self-Reliance: One of the greatest steps toward independence is to develop the ability to rely on yourself for basic needs. Our job is to work ourselves out of a job. In other words, it is our goal to assist our clients to learn skills that will enable them to live without any assistance from others.
(These values come from the Development Disabilities Administration‘s Residential Service Guidelines, but we strive to apply them in all our programs and activities.)
Non-discrimination Policy Statement:
VRS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran or disability when hiring or providing services.